In recent human history, mankind has created and witnessed unprecedented changes in the balance between nature and technology. With the advent of the industrial revolution, technological progress has led to profound improvements in human health and quality of life. Important benefits such as improved sanitation and clean water have combined to reduce human mortality and extend the lifespan. As we recognize these benefits, we also know that technology works best when it serves human needs and worst when it imposes new risks on human development, creating a greater distance between nature and man. Paradoxically, as we become more reliant on technology, we risk losing sight of the proper balance between the benefits and risks of progress, especially in those technologies that intervene most directly in human health.
In order to restore that balance, we must pursue a future based on a more natural vision of human health, happiness and development, one that focuses on wellness rather than disease. The definition of wellness that guides the healing professions should not be the absence of symptoms in the presence of medical intervention, but rather the pursuit of health without the need for drugs. Realizing this future will require a more natural approach to wellness, especially early in life, but also throughout the lifespan. To restore the proper balance of nature and technology, Health Choice 4 Action seeks to restore balance to our civil society.
We hold these Principles to be self-evident:
- That awareness of the new man-made epidemics is the first requirement for ending them;
- That when complexity clouds our understanding of health crises, our moral imperative is to first do no harm;
- That the best measure of a safe environment is the total health and happiness of an individual human being;
- That the individual’s right to choose or refuse medical interventions affecting them or their children must be defended;
- That true empowerment requires that the individual is accorded and assumes responsibility for their own health, happiness and nutrition;
- That full access to the healing professions and to truthful information is essential to liberty;
- That when injuries occur as a consequence of institutional failure, the victims deserve justice;
- That the cause of justice is best served when our governing institutions are free from commercial interests;
- That a compassionate society has a duty to provide injured and otherwise disabled citizens with an opportunity for happiness and to treat them with dignity.
Become an advocate for Health Choice 4 Action by participating in our active campaigns. You'll be notified when a new campaign is available!
We will not sell or distribute your personal information.